Vascular and Cardio-Vascular Diseases:
- ischemic heart disease
- before and after myocardial infarction
- varicose veins
- spider veins
- stagnation in the lymphatic vessels
- neuro-vegetative dystonia
- angina pectoris
- hypertensive encephalopathy
- peripheral nerve compression bands
- symptoms of brain contusion and stroke
- anxiety or panic disorder
- post bels-pulsy nerve damage
- hematomas and post-traumatic swelling with ` nerve damage
- postoperative arterial thrombosis and venous
- superficial thrombophlebitis
- disorders of peripheral nerves
- Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s
- facial nerve neuralgia, trigeminal
- cerebral paralysis
- Bell’s palsy
- acute facial nerve paralysis
- kidney derivatives
- prostate adenoma (non-adenocarcinoma)
- symptoms of chronic renal failure
- antigenic potency disorders
- bladder and urinary track disorders
- Interstitial cystitis (IC)
- acute and chronic
- neuritis ear
- acute and chronic otitis
- sinusitis leading
- inflammation of the sieve cells
- strep-throat (streptococcal bacteria)
- chickenpox and shingles (herpes zoster)
- inflammation of the ski
- soft tissue damage
- skin allergies
- subcutaneous hematoma
- skin scars ( non- colloidal)
- scar tissue
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
- rheumatoid diseases
- contractures of the limbs, back and neck
- post-fractural treatment
- post-surgical treatment
- Herpes Zoster
- inflammation of the appendages
- Infertility (female & male)
- fibro adenoma fibroids of uterus
- dysmenorrhea syndrome
- inflammation of the breast and prostate
- alleviating menopausal symptoms
- inflammation of the lining of the vagina & uterus
- Irregular menstrual periods & pain associated with
- chronic gastritis and duodenal
- acid reflux
- spleen inflammation
- chronic hepatitis without clotting disorders
- trophic ulcer
- stomach flu
- chronic bronchitis
- pulmonary emphysema
- Chronic pulmonary thrombosis
- inflammation of the eye vascular tract
- Post-traumatic hematoma of the eyeball
Leeches in Stomatology:
- inflammation of the pulp
- hematomas in the mouth
- osteomyelitis of the jaw
- inflammation of the salivary glands
- acute toothache
- nerve tissue (root canal treatment)
Why Leech Therapy?
Leech therapy can help in a lot of cases, but first a little history. What if there was a small creature so miraculous in medical terms that the Federal Drug Administration recently (2004) approved it as a medical device ?
What if there was a tiny animal, unique in all of creation, whose saliva contained more than 200 enzymes that are believed to cause and accelerate chemical reactions to rebuild and regulate blood cells, strengthen the immune system, correct malfunctioning organs and detoxify the inner ecology of the body as a whole?
Introducing Hirudo Medicinalis, the medicinal leech used in leech therapy, who’s healing powers were noted by ancient Egyptians, Romans, and Greeks.
And from those distant times on, leech therapy has always been part of the repertoire of conventional medical treatments in Europe, and then in the United States.
Beginning in 1985, medical technology companies and large international pharmaceutical concerns initiated sustained efforts to discourage the use of leeches in medical treatments, especially in microsurgery. Their motive? At this time, engineers were beginning attempts to create an apparatus – the artificial leech – that would imitate the healing behaviour of real leeches.
The medical industry’s hope was to build and sell complicated machinery that would make massive profits, with the promise this technology would be the solution for a broad range of medical problems. This turned out not to be true.
The end result were machines that were far more costly, notably less effective, and totally unnatural compared with the use of the lowly leech. This prompted the U.S. Federal Drug Administration (FDA) to re-examine the medicinal qualities of leeches and approve them as medical devices in 2004. This approval was not only a victory of the natural over the artificial, it also sparked renewed interest and supporting research in using leeches in both conventional and holistic treatments.
Our Three Levels of Leech Therapy
Upon consultation and depending on the patient’s conditions, the therapist will suggest which level or levels can best address the patient’s health needs.
Level 1 – Local Applications
For specific problem areas, such as: localized pain associated with particular organ dysfunctions, infections, cysts, high blood pressure, arthritis, eye problems, hearing problems, migraine, vertigo, hemorrhoids, spider veins, varicose veins, prostate problems, spine problems, sciatic nerve problems, sexual dysfunctions, infertility, diabetes, sinuses, asthma, liver problems, allergies, kidneys problems, heart problems, joint problems, intestinal problems, bladder problems, PMS, blood clots and thrombosis, skin problems, and many more. Scientist from France, Israel, Germany, Poland, Russia, Turkey and USA have created a list of 530 illnesses where leech therapy will have maximum impact on bringing homeostasis to the body.
Level 2 – Trigger Point Applications
A more specific, higher level of treatment involves placement of leeches at designated trigger points, which are based on leech therapy body maps. These maps have been created by leech researchers and scientists over the last hundred years of scientific testing. When stimulated by leeches, the trigger points can produce healing effects and positive changes in different organs and biological systems. For example, the application of leeches to the shoulder trigger point is reported to dramatically ameliorate migraine pain. Most of the trigger points are nerve, lymph, and cardiovascular system stimulus points.
Level 3 – Total Complex Detoxification Protocol
Through this whole-body cleansing program, homeostasis — the functioning balance among the body’s organs and systems — can be achieved. Other positive effects can include…
- Elimination of metabolic wastes and other toxins – returning the body to its original quality of health status.
- Organs cleansed – each individual organ undergoes purification, in this way “hitting the reset button” to bring all organs and systems back into one overall, transcendent, synergistic system – THE BODY.
- Blood restructured and restored on the molecular level – achieving full functioning of the blood’s components and optimal management of the body at its prime condition.
- Viscosity levels of blood and other fluids restored – eliminating stagnancy in circulatory systems and achieving proper fuels/lubricants/transmitters fluid combination for the full functioning of the body.
- Proper alkaline/acidic (ph) balance maintained – the single most important factor in proper body functioning.
- Blood and lymph circulation corrected to the proper systemic-related circulation – restoring the systems that feeds and detoxifies each individual cell of the body, allowing it to be clean and fully nourished again, and in this way restoring the body to a like-new, pristine condition, and returning it to perfect health.
- Veins, arteries, and lymphatic vessels cleansed and strengthened – THE basic condition of good health.
As a result of the above, the body will begin to self-heal. According to reports, most mild illnesses will cease to exist, as our natural organic system of rejuvenation works diligently to restore the body’s health.
The Therapy Experience
After a patient is comfortably sitting or reclining, the therapist washes the area to be treated. Only medicinal leeches, specially raised by commercial providers – farms approved by the FDA – are used. The number used and their placement is determined by the condition being addressed and can vary from one to several.
A creature so small has a mouth and teeth that are extremely tiny. The leech first attaches itself with a mouth and tail suction pad, and then with its initial bite. Patients describe the bite as feeling like a “light pinch” or “small insect bite.” The leech’s attachment may last between 20 and 50 minutes, after which it is gently coaxed to release itself from the patient. All leeches are used only once and are then sacrificed to prevent any chance of reuse and infection. (Note: leeches, which are often used to clear the worst infections, cannot impart infections to others because all bacteria are killed through contact with leech enzymes. So, using each leech one time only is really a double precaution to ensure that bacteria are not passed along.)
After the leeches are removed, there is some residual seepage, which is considered an important cleansing part of the procedure. At the very end the wound is properly dressed and the patient is provided with any additional information she or he may request.
Focus on the Lymph System
While many individuals believe leech therapy involves excessive bloodletting, this is not so. The therapists at the HerbaKings concentrate their therapy on the body’s lymph system. The fluid removed by leeches in a session, though appearing red in colour, is only 10 to 15% blood, the rest being a fluid called “lymph,” of which the body contains 3 quarts. The lymphatic system is a “perfect match” to the blood’s circulatory system – cleaning and nourishing each individual cell of our body. If this system is sluggish, our health can deteriorate rapidly.
Attention to lymphatic fluid and the group of lymph vessels and organs reflects the primary role this system plays in the body’s overall immune system. When placed on designated pathways of the lymph system, it is believed that the therapeutic power of leeches is maximized.
Lymph is a clear, odorless fluid that surrounds the body’s cells. Through a system of thin-walled vessels, lymph circulates and brings critical nutrients to cells and tissues, and carries away waste, including illness-causing bacteria and viruses. A fully functioning lymph system is essential for good health; leech therapy helps to strengthen the system, increase the circulation of lymph, and enhance the lymph system’s ability to fight diseases and failures of body organs and the systems in which they function.
In the HerbaKings you can get:
Leeches treatment, learn about treatment with medical leeches, get a leech Face lift, medicinal leech use by professionals.
For further information about leech therapy and how it can benefit you, please call 07761444576 , 01924522671 or contact us email@example.com